Enable TFPT service on Synology DSM
- Control Panel > File Services > Advanced
- Check “Enable TFTP service”
- Select TFPT root folder
You can edit advanced settings to enable logging, configure permissions, and limit clients.
Enable Network Boot while using Unifi UDM-Pro DHCP Server
- Unifi Network > Settings > Networks
- Select approrate network, likely “Default”
- DHCP Service Management
- Network Boot: Server IP is the Synology NAS and Filename should be the netboot.xyz file.
Copy the netboot.xyz file to the Synology.
See the netboot.xyz documention and download the the netboot.xyz boot file (this link should point to the latest file, but may not. Also go to the source to be sure.)
Upload this file to the tfpt root folder.
For more information on netboot.zyz refer to their documention here.